2010 Non-Rev Challenge

Follow us as we travel around the country and around the globe to pick up points from getting our photo taken in various locations.

We are the Knights of Mayhem.


Thursday, September 23, 2010

What an interesting couple of days. We will start with my travels...

The loads looked wide open. Or so the airline told me. My plan was to fly RDU-DTW-HKG then fly on Cathay Pacific over to SIN and then head back from that point. Well, for some reason or another, Saturday I called Cathay Pacific's number and asked why the loads went up considerably within the week and if I should worry. They told me the numbers were in the mid negative 20s and 30s for both of their morning departures and the afternoon was bad number wise when I first checked and they stayed terribly oversold. On a whim, I decided to swing thru Atlanta and New Orleans to get to the west coast. I then caught a flight up to the Bay Area before heading across the pacific ocean to stop in Tokyo. My plan B was to fly RDU-ATL-MSY-LAX-SFO-NRT-HKG-SIN-NRT-ATL-RDU.


But as we were starting to deplane in NRT, the gate agent meeting the inbound arrival made an announcement: "For those passengers traveling to Hong Kong on tonights flight. This flight has been post ponned until tomorrow evening due to a typhoon. Please check with a Delta agent....."


Okay...time for plan C. What the heck is plan C? Don't have a clue.

According to the agent, the NRT-SIN filled up somehow due to effects by the typhoon, but I still didn't get that as SIN was quite a ways out of the way from HKG. Nonetheless, the flight was full and I was stuck in NRT for a little bit to figure out where or when I will be going.


Nifty little tip, for those heading to NRT and plan on connecting make sure you have your boarding pass. If you need to get re-listed you must be activated by the customer service desk which is only open from 11:30-1730.

No comments:

Post a Comment